Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Rich's Knees, Writing, and Life

I have made so many wonderful connections over the years through my blog.  I now like to keep you all updated on my "personal life."

Since I started my blog in 2012, I have been through a whole lot of life! Recovering from my now ex-wife's disability. Buying what I call my forever home. Sabbatical. Divorce. My turning 50! My "baby moving" out. My new lover and her children moving in. The start of my own MFA journey.  My coaching practice becoming an increasingly important part of my life and identity. My slipping slowly, and then not so slowly, into disability. I don't walk well anymore- I have to use a cane when I stand for any length of time.

So, now? A new phase of my adventure! I am getting two new knees! On January 5th, I will undergo a double knee replacement. Getting to this point has been emotional, scary, painful. But now, I am ready!! I am ready to walk well again. I am ready to explore the world again. I am ready for High Intensity Interval Training again, cycling, hiking.  I want to dance in Ibiza! I want to scale a volcano again. I just want my body to feel like mine, again. I am so very, very ready. Keep me in your thoughts during those couple of weeks after. But.....I'll Be Back 

And if you need me, if I can help, reach out! I might need that, emotionally, more than you do :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your work. It is inspiring and it sustains me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super kind of you to say. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete